Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics is located in Kharkiv city in the North-East of Ukraine. Kharkiv is the second largest city of Ukraine; it is a first-rate scientific industrial, trade and cultural center of the country.
The history of NURE begins in 1930 when Kharkiv Engineering-Building Institute was founded on the basis of building faculty of Kharkiv Polytechnical Institute and architectural faculty of Kharkiv Art Institute.In 1966 KIMBAC was given a name of Kharkiv Institute of Radioelectronics (KIRE).In 2001 the status of the University was advanced to the National University.And today, NURE is a leading technical university with the IV accreditation level in the country (highest).
The University currently serves more than 11,000 students,among them about 2000 students from over 50 countries of the world.140 professors and doctors of sciences and 310 PhD and professor assistantswork in NURE.Graduate students of our University work in 70 countries (the USA, Germany, England, Finland, France, Poland etc.).
In Ukrainian rankings, our university is#1 amongUkrainian technical universities 2012, the leader among Ukrainian Higher education institutions 2016, #1 of International cooperation, Ukraine 2016, in Top-25 best universities in Ukraine in 2016.
NURE has more than 130 foreign partners from Austria, Belgium, UK, China, the Netherlands, Germany, Norway, Poland, the USA, Finland, France, Sweden etc.
NURE also provide students with5doublediplomas programs with Finland, Sweden, UK and the Netherlands.
NURE is a reliable partner in international grant programs and projects of the EU (Tempus, Erasmus Mundus, Youth in Action), the British Council, bilateral scientific and research projects, grants of private foundations. We are at the TOP of Ukrainian Tempus projects.
The Scientific Library of NURE is a modern educational and research informational support center with its large book and periodicals collection, expanding inventory of digital resources and the advanced service system for library users. The Library serves more than 30,000 users a year (including through the library web site); they borrow more than 600,000 books and other printed documents. The Library provides access to the electronic file collections (more then 450,000 downloads).
The Student Club ranks high among the clubs of Kharkiv universities, it is also a repeated champion and winner of Ukrainian and international festivals and competitions, besides it has more than 200 cups. It holds concerts and entertainment programs, charity actions, it unites more than 20 club formations.
The sports scene at NURE is big enough. As well as team games, water sports, martial arts, racket sports there are plenty of other more unusual sports available. Our student can choose any club, for instance: badminton, basketball, struggle, boxing, ski race, tennis, oriental martial arts, tourism, fencing, swimming and so on, as we welcome students of all ability levels.
There are 8 faculties in NURE:
- • Faculty of Computer Engineering and Control;
- • Faculty of Applied Mathematics and Management;
- • Faculty of Automation and Computer Technologies;
- • Faculty of Computer Sciences;
- • Faculty of Telecommunications and Instrumentation;
- • Faculty of Electronic Engineering;
- • Faculty of Radio Engineering;
- • Faculty of Foreign Citizens Training.
Education Center in English
Education Center in English (ECE) was founded in 1999 by Rector’s university order.
Education Center in English (ECE Department) is the part of Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics, one of the oldest and well-known educational establishments in Ukraine. The largest and most distinguished University of this kind in Ukraine has worldwide reputation for research and teaching result.
At present University trains about 8,500 students, among them more than 500 are international students. All international students are guaranteed university accommodation of their academic programs.
Education Center in English provides educational programs in a wide range of fields, including:
- Bachelor degree – Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Economical cybernetics, Information Security;
- Master degree – Computer Systems and Networks and Software Engineering (both – after Computer Engineering area of training), Biomedical Engineering, Information Security, Economical Cybernetics.
The structure of the ECE is as follows:
- Educational Technologies Department – distance education and recruiting of foreign students to study in Ukraine
- Informational Technologies Department – research work in the field of Systems Simulation and Software Development
Representatives of ECE Department visited Pakistan, Uganda, Egypt, Algeria and India. Education Center in English rendered assistance to more than 400 students from Pakistan, India, China, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine, Tunis, Morocco, Algeria, Egypt, Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Tanzania, etc to come to Ukraine to get higher education.
ECE department renders next services to those interested in entering higher educational institutions of Ukraine:
- to furnish with all information and advertising materials required;
- to forward official university invitations;
- to meet students in the international airport and transfer to the educational institutions;
- to render assistance during the period of student’s adaptation to the new social environment;
- to make correspondence with parents about students’ life and their academic progress;
- to render assistance in choosing a higher educational institution after graduation from the Preparatory Faculty;
- to hold conferences, seminars, workshops, exhibitions, etc.