Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University is one of the oldest and leading medical higher institutions of Ukraine and former USSR. The University was founded in 1945. In April 2009 about 796 foreign students were enrolled from 24 countries.
All the educational programs of the University are regulated and approved by the Ministry of Education & Science of Ukraine and the Ministry of Health of Ukraine. Degrees and diplomas issued to International students by the Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University are legalized by the Ministry of heath of Ukraine and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
- General Medicine (Doctor of Medicine degree) – 6 years course
- Dentistry (Doctor of Dentistry degree) – 5 year course
- Pediatrics (Doctor of Medicine degree) – 6 year course
- Pharmacy (Bachelor of Pharmacy degree) – 5 year course
- Nursing (RN) – 3 / 4 year course
- Prosthodontics (MDS / Clinical Residency) – 2 year course
Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University is listed in the following Directories:
- World Health Organization (WHO): Directory of World Medical Colleges
- International Medical Education Directory (IMED): IMED acaccreditation is recognized by Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) and Medical Council of Canada (MCC) for eligibility of graduates to obtain certification & Licensure
- Ukrainian State Centre of International Education (USCIE): Directory of Recognized Educational Institutes in Ukraine
Students of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University are eligible to apply for certification and licensure in over 150 countries in the world including: US, UK, Canada, Australia, India, Singapore, New Zealand, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Poland, UAE, Saudi Arabia and etc.
USA: Students and graduates of Ivano-Frankivsk National Medical University are eligible to participate in the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) & receive ECFMG certification. ECFMG certification requires all graduates to have passed USMLE Step 1 & 2 (both sections), submit a final transcript and provide a copy of the graduate’s diploma for verification. Once ECFMG certification is granted; graduates are eligible for Postgraduate Medical education (Residency Training) in the United States of America. Prospective & current students of I
1. Admission of foreign citizens and stateless persons is realized according to:
- the law of Ukraine “On the Higher Education”;
- the law of Ukraine “On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons”;
- the law of Ukraine “On Foreign Ukrainians”;
- Decree of the President of Ukraine of March 25, 1994 No.112, “On Measures for the Development of the Economic Cooperation of the Ukrainian Regions with the Border Regions of the Russian Federation”;
- Decree of the President of Ukraine of June 3, 1994 No.271 “On Measures for the Development of the Economic Cooperation of the Ukrainian Regions with the Border Regions of Republic of Belarus and Administrative-Territorial Units of Republic of Moldova”;
- Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of February 26, 1993 No.136 “On Education of Foreign Citizens in Ukraine”;
- Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of September 11, 2013 No.684 “Some Issues of Admission of Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons to the Education”;
- Decree of Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of November 1, 2013 No.1541 “Some Issues of the Organization of Admission and Training (Internship) of Foreigners and Stateless Persons”.
2. Foreign citizens, who get state scholarships under international agreements, state programs, other international obligations of Ukraine, are admitted to the education within the established quota for admission to higher education institutions on the basis of assignments of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
3. Foreign Ukrainians, who received assignment for studies from the Ukrainian national-cultural societies, when entering higher educational institutions of Ukraine, have the same rights for getting education as the citizens of Ukraine, with the exceptions established by the Constitution of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine or international agreements, approved to be binding by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
4. Foreign citizens and stateless persons can get higher education at the expense of natural and legal persons, unless otherwise stipulated by the international agreements of Ukraine, approved to be binding by the Verkhovna Rada Ukraine, legislation or agreements between higher educational institutions on international academic mobility.
5. Foreign citizens, who have acquired complete general secondary education in foreign schools with the study of the Ukrainian language and foreign Ukrainian, whose status is confirmed by a certificate of the foreign Ukrainian, are admitted within the established quotas for admission to higher educational institutions of Ukraine according to the interviews in the subjects defined by the Rules for Admission, according to the recommendations of diplomatic institutions of Ukraine abroad and Ukrainian national cultural societies (if available).
6. Foreign citizens and stateless persons, who come to study to acquire a certain education-and-qualification level of Specialist, are admitted to the SHEI IFNMU of Ukraine no later than November 1 under of the orders for enrolment, verified in the EDBO (Joint Database).
7. The reason for the issuing the entrance visa of type “D” is the original invitation to study of the established type issued by the SHEI IFNMU and registered by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in the established order.
Alongside the application the following documents shall be submitted as well:
1) Questionnaire of due form (filled in in Ukrainian, Russian or English);
2) Invitation to study of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine issued by the SHEI IFNMU (the original and two copies);
3) Document on the education and appendix, containing the grades (marks/points) gained in educational courses (the original and a notarized copy of each document);
4) academic certificate issued by a foreign/Ukrainian institution (in case of transfer or renewal for education, starting from the second year the academic transcript must be added);
5) Valid International Passport with a visa for entering Ukraine to study:
- the original;
- a copy of the passport information page with a notarized translation;
- a copy of the page with the Ukrainian visa;
6) health and liability insurance of foreign citizens, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine (the original and the copy of information page);
7) 10 photos in size 35х45 mm;
8) Digital photo on CD.
* Documents mentioned in paragraphs 3), 4), and 5) must be translated into Ukrainian with the notarization of translation.
mentioned in paragraphs 3) and 4) of this paragraph must be certified in the country for their issuance in a way that is officially applicable in this country to such a certification, and legalized by a respective foreign institution of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine, and have a notarized translation into Ukrainian.